Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tutorial - Mounting unmounted stamps to "Static Cling" (no foam)

TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MOUNT UNMOUNTED STAMPS TO "CLING".

I purchased "static cling" off ebay and mounted my unmounted stamps (that came with the wooden blocks) directly to the cling. I paid $17.00 for ten sheets. I've mounted approx. 20 sets and have only used almost 4 sheets. Some of my sets are smaller ones, some larger ones. The point is, it really goes along way!
The best tip I can give you is; remove the cling from the thick white paper. You need to stamp your image on the side that will "cling", not the shiny "printable" side.



Supplies:

  • Blank Stattic Cling sheet.
  • Unmounted stamp set.
  • Stazon ink.
  • Clear block.
  • Double sided tape.
  • Empty SU! DVD case.
Peel static cling away from white sheet and turn over. You are going to stamp on the "rough side" that clings. NOT the shiny side.

Tape to clear block with double sided tape your rubber image. (Leave paper protecting sticky on rubber) Tape the paper to your block.


See how I left the paper on the rubber image? Tape the paper to the block. Ink up with Stazon.


Stamp image. Leave enough room to cover all sides of the rubber image when brown paper is removed. If you do not have enough room, you will not have enough cling to cover the sticky part of the back side of the rubber.


Use space wisely but leave enough room between images.



Cut out image leaving enough around edges of image to cover the entire backside of the rubber (to cover the sticky part).


Peel off paper to expose sticky stuff.


Place "cling" side out (stick the shiny side to sticky stuff...) the stamped "rough" side will be on the outside. It's the side that "clings".

Trim cling. Voila!



It sticks to block!


Place stamps in SU! DVD case.

Use Label that came with set to label side of DVD case.

I then placed my sticker labels in the side pocket of the DVD case.



5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, I've ordered my static cling, and I can't wait to try it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. wondering if you have been doing this for a long time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty,

    No, but I sure wish I had! This is a lot "neater" than removing the stamps from the blocks and remounting to the foam.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I have been thinking of doing this, but I didn't know how to get the image onto the stamp itself. I really need that extra visual cue. Thanks for the great tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Can you tell me where you got your static cling sheet? Been looking all over for it!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete